This is a fall favorite of mine that I was introduced to three years ago. This recipe is amazing! It will stand up to any healthy food critic. Have some fun!
Gluten-Free, Vegan Pumpkin Bars
Adapted from VegNews
Yields: 20 bars
3 cups gluten-free oat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted, plus more for the pan
1 - 1/2 cups maple syrup (agave also works for a cheaper option, but I enjoy the maple syrup better or a mix of the two)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 - 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I buy vegan chocolate chips, but buy what works for you)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly oil a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamin.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin with baking powder. Add oil, maple syrup / agave, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour batter evenly into pan. Bake 18 minutes and let cool.
This is super easy and delicious. I hope you enjoy.